Some of our clients
- Brand: Fontanot
- Product Code: 2KARINA
Karina Space Saver Staircase Kit
The Karina modular space saver stair kit is a unique and stylish solution for narrow access areas, such as lofts or attics. The Karina’s ingenious supporting structure allows complete flexibility in the application, and the Beachwood alternating style treads are appropriately shaped and staggered to guarantee maximum utilization of space, without compromising functionality. Complete with one side handrail, a second side rail is available for those installations not going against a wall. In place of a knee or half wall along your top floor or opening, balcony rail kits of similar materials and finish are available to complete the contemporary appearance of your staircase.
The Karina comes in one box with railings, balusters, and treads. Written instructions and a demonstration video or DVD are included. Basic household tools are all that are needed for assembly. The Karina height is from 6′ 10″ to 9′ 3″ with add risers available to reach a maximum height of 10′ 9″.
- Length of tread is 21 ¼ inches long. 10 ½ deep front to back on the “step” section
- Treads are clear sealed solid beech wood, 1 5/8 inches thick
- With one handrail attachment the width is 22 ½”, with both handrails the overall width is 24″
- Base attachment and “header” attachment can be mounted into wood or concrete. Anchors for concrete are supplied
- Weight capacity is 400 pounds
The interlocking spine can pivot so the stair can be fitted in a curve as well as a straight flight. It is, however, worth checking if your building inspector is happy with the shape before purchase. Paddle steps are covered by UK building regulations but only as a straight flight.
- Basic kit for floor to floor heights up to 282cms (9ft3)
- Extra treads available for floor heights up to 329cms (10ft9) (call us: 01527 821651)
- Minimum ceiling opening required 60cm wide x 140cm (24in x 55in) long
- 11 cut away shaped polished solid 38mm (1.5in) beech treads
- Risers adjust to achieve the exact height you require
- Balustrade will fit to either side of the stairs
- Additional handrail available for other side (call us: 01527 821651)
- Full 10-year guarantee
- Supplied complete with 25 min video showing easy 1-day assembly
- Karina can be assembled in many different configurations allowing turns in either direction making it extremely versatile...
- Balustrade kits 120cms (47in) long are also available to match Karina for top landings or mezzanines (call us: 01527 821651 )
Please consult your local building control officer before ordering your staircase to ensure compliance with local building regulations.
Please select your prefered colour options when adding your Karina staircase to your shopping cart above. The Karina is available in three colours, Black, white or grey, and with a choice of light or dark stained, solid beech treads. Your staircase will be delivered direct to your home from the Italian manufacturer... this usually takes around 2-3 weeks, and you will be contacted prior to delivery Should you require extra treads, balustrade kits for landings or child riser bar kits, please call us to discuss your needs and we will be happy to advise. (call: 01527 821651)