Climbing up and down a ladder is all very well but if you need a wider space to work in then it might be better to choose an entirely different option. A work platform is essentially a mini scaffold system that allows you to do a range of jobs whether you are a professional trades person or a home owner who just wants to work in comfort and safety. There are plenty of different models on the market nowadays and one to suit most wallets. Work platforms have a number of great benefits:
- They allow you to work up to a height of about 1 metre and give you a platform that is about one and a half metre wide, all of which means you can cover a reasonable area in one go.
- They are easy to put up and take down and store, made of lightweight material that most people can handle with little or no trouble.
- Work platforms can handle uneven ground and allow you to work across areas with steps.
- Access to the platform itself is easy via side ladders.
- You get a stable area on which to work and can carry up all your tools without having to climb up and down all the time.
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
A work platform is a great investment for professionals and home owners alike and can be used for a variety of jobs such as painting and decorating, repairs and even gardening tasks such as pruning bushes and trees. It's great for interior renovations as you can concentrate more fully on the job at hand and cover bigger areas without having to move the platform. It also means that you work in greater comfort and have more chance of doing a good job because you aren't balancing on a ladder, trying to stretch for a point just out of reach.
If you don't want the larger work platform, you can opt for something like a mini scaffold that is lightweight and easy to move on wheels and which can be stabilised once you have positioned it. With a slightly smaller work surface, these products are great for cutting hedges and other gardening work as well as DIY jobs both indoors and outside.
Heavy Duty Work Platforms
If you need a portable platform that can take a little extra weight, especially if you are in the trade, then there are heavy duty models that can take up to 200 kilo loads. Again these can be moved round easily and secured when you have to get down to work. Much will depend on what you want your work platform to do and how much you want to spend. As a great alternative to a ladder, though, this kind of option is ideal for a many people. Put simply, because it is lightweight, easy to manoeuvre and store, while also being suitable for a wide range of jobs, the work platform is a great choice.